Racing Cancelled Due to Thunderstorms
(Tuesday 27th August, Puerto Portals) – A series of thunderstorms put plans to rest on the third racing day here at the Rolex TP52 World Championship Puerto Portals 2019. The fleet of 11 boats was held ashore while a first squall blew through with strong winds, torrential rain and lightning. With another one forecast and tracked on the real time weather maps, racing was cancelled for the day.
🎥 Day 3 – Rolex TP52 World Championship Puerto Portals 2019This just goes to show that it's not all sunshine and unicorns at the 52 SUPER SERIES.
Gepostet von 52 Super Series am Dienstag, 27. August 2019
The standings remain the same. With four races sailed Takashi Okura’s Sled are at the top of the leaderboard, one point up on 2017 world champions Platoon. Principal Race Officer Maria Torrijo says she will aim to run three heats on Wednesday if the weather permits.
“We knew that today would be a difficult day to find a period of stable wind conditions. Tomorrow will be a long day because the weather will not be stable before lunch time.”
After breaking their mast on Sunday, Ergin Imre’s Provezza have stepped a spare, replacement which they brought from Valencia and they will be ready to race for Wednesday.
The fourth day of the Rolex TP52 World Championship Puerto Portals should see racing start around 13:00 CEST.
Rolex TP52 World Championship Puerto Portals 2019
Regatta standings after Day 3
1. Sled (USA) (Takashi Okura) (9,1,1,2) 13 points
2. Platoon (GER) (Harm Müller-Spreer) (4,5,2,3) 14 p.
3. Alegre (USA / GBR) (Andrés Soriano) (10,4,5,1) 20 p.
4. Quantum Racing (USA) (Doug DeVos) (1,7,8,4) 20 p.
5. Azzurra (ARG / ITA) (Alberto Roemmers) (2,9,4,5) 20 p.
6. Phoenix 12 (RSA) (Tina Plattner) (3,3,7,7) 20 p.
7. Bronenosec (RUS) (Vladimir Liubomirov) (5,8,3,6) 22 p.
8. Phoenix 11 (RSA) (Hasso Plattner) (8,2,9,9) 28 p.
9. Gladiator (GBR) (Tony Langley) (6,10,6,8) 30 p.
10. Vision Future Team (FRA) (Jean Jacques Chaubard) (7,6,10,10) 33 p.
11. Provezza (TUR) (Ergin Imre) (12 DNF, 12 DNC, 12 DNC, 12 DNC) 48 p.
For full results, visit: http://bit.ly/340yTv9
Racing at the Rolex TP52 World Championship Puerto Portals 2019 starts on Sunday 25th August and finishes on Thursday 29th August. You can enjoy live images of the racing supported by expert commentary and analysis every day. All shows will begin 15 minutes before racing is due to start and can be enjoyed at www.52SUPERSERIES.com or via the app.
Share this article: