2013 SUPER SERIES calendar revealed
After a successful debut the 52 SUPER SERIES is returning in 2013 and promises to be bigger and better with the introduction of a transatlantic competition and the 52 Super Series Atlantic Cup.
The series will open when competitors from Europe’s 52 Super Series cross the ocean to compete against the best competitors in the US 52 Super Series in the Quantum Key West Race Week in January.
Arguably the highlight of the season will be the 52 World Championship, which takes place on March 5 to 9 and will be contested in either Miami or St Thomas.
The competition returns to the Mediterranean in May when the second 52 Super Series opens with the 40 Trofeo Conde de Godo in Barcelona from May 23-26.
Then the Royal Cup in Ibiza in July, followed by the Copa del Rey in Palma, Mallorca in August, before concluding in Porto Cervo with the Week of the Straits regatta in September.
As well as event and owner/driver trophies a new piece of silverware will be introduced, the 52 Super Series Atlantic Cup, The cup will be awarded to the team with the lowest overall score from the US 52 Super Series and the 52 Super Series.
Class manager Rob Weiland said several teams have already committed to competing in the US including Quantum Racing, Audi Azzurra Sailing Team and Rán Racing.
- January – Quantum Key West Race Week
- 5 – 9 March 52 World Championship, Miami
- 23 ‐ 26 May 40th Trofeo Conde de Godo, Barcelona
- 3 – 6 July Royal Cup, Ibiza
- 29 July‐ 3 August Copa del Rey, Palma Mallorca
- 10‐14 September Week of the Straits, Porto Cervo
- Individual Event Trophies: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Owner Driver
- 52 Super Series Overall: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Owner Driver
- The Overall Owner Driver Trophy will be the John Cook Trophy
- 52 SUPER SERIES ATLANTIC CUP Lowest Overall Score US 52 Super Series + 52 Super Series
Share this article: